Wednesday, January 16, 2013

MBC FM Younha's Starry Night Translation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dGHkj7ygiw&m=8m40s

Hyoyeon: 1,2,3.

All: Hello. We are Girls' Generation!

Younha: It's been hard getting you here. You're busy lately, right?

Hyoyeon: Very.

Younha: You've lost a lot of weight.

Jessica: The choreography this time is very powerful, so I think we've been losing a lot of weight.

Hyoyeon: I like it.

Younha: I think you've lost a lot of weight. You still look beautiful. There's been a lot of comments: "Huk! Girls' Generation!" "I have to watch a drama too, but Girls' Generation is on~" There are a lot of dramas, but forget them. "Girls' Generation were just on Boom's radio show." Oh, you just came from there? "Yoona, I love you." Yoona...

Yoona: It's me? (*"Yoona" and Younha's names sound familiar.*)

Younha: Yes. Yoon-ah. Of course. You're the main star character today. "For Girls' Generation, I just registered on the minihomepage!" Please let the listeners hear your voices.

Jessica: Hello. I'm Girls' Generation's Jessica. Nice to meet you!

Yoona: Hello. I'm Girls' Generation's Yoona.

Hyoyeon: Hi. I'm Girls' Generation's Hyoyeon. Nice to meet you!

Sooyoung: Hello. I'm Girls' Generation's Sooyoung. Nice to meet you!

Younha: If you want to talk to Girls' Generation, please send in your messages now. The four of you are here today, but where are the other five?

Hyoyeon: Where could they be?

Sooyoung: They're doing other radio shows, and Taeyeon and Tiffany will be DJing Shimshimtapa alone together.



Younha: But, personally, I really liked that the four of you came here today.

Sooyoung: Why?

Younha: You're the four that I haven't been able to speak closely with yet.

All: Yes!

Younha: I wanted to talk to you all. Especially Yoona. The whole Yoona/Younha thing is something I always talk about.

Yoona: No, no.

Younha: I always wanted to talk to you all. Really. And Sooyoung, you are my sunbae in Japan.

Sooyoung: I am? You're the sunbae.

Younha: Are you forgetting Route 0?

Sooyoung: Route 0... when did you debut?

Younha: 2004.

Sooyoung: Oh, I am the sunbae. But Younha, I have really been a fan of yours since your Japanese debut. Even now, I listen to your songs. *sings a Japanese song*

Younha: It's not like I set out to hear that from you, but it feels good to hear compliments.
You revealed your new album on January 1, and it's been at the top without coming down. How was it?

Sooyoung: Coming back together after being separated and doing individual activities, I think when we were by ourselves, we felt a lot of loneliness. So now that we're together, we're closer. And... in the case of Hyoyeon and Jessica, we've been friends for over ten years so we can tell what we're thinking just by looking at each other's eyes. And I think we've grown more passion for the stage. So we want to work harder and do well.

Younha: I feel like the word "teamwork" may seem like old news to you now. It's been seven years now, right?

Hyoyeon: Six years.

Younha: Anyway, we'll be talking together today. You've gotten #1 just one week after your comeback, but they say the fans were divided in their reactions towards the song. How so?

Jessica: First, the song is a bit complicated. There's a lot of tempo changes. When we heard it first also, we were thinking "What kind of song is this?" We couldn't tell which was the chorus, so we had to hear it over and over again. But the more we hear it, the more we like it. So I think a lot of people are hearing it a lot too.

Hyoyeon: When we first performed, I think the fans had the same thought. The fans said that the charm came out when you watch it with the stage. So it feels good.

Younha: It's very extravagant and impressive.

Hyoyeon: We practiced a lot.

Younha: And glamorous. Do you know who Sun Il from Urban Zakapa is?

Yoona: Yes. I'm a big fan of him.

Younha: He sing this song all the time! Like...

Yoona: Really?

Jessica: How does he sing it?

Younha: His voice is a bit feminine. But he moves around his body while singing it. We're preparing a joint concert together, but whenever we see each other, whenever he's eating, he's singing it.

Jessica: We're promoting together right now.

Yoona: Yeah, we've met him on music shows.

Younha: He must've been too shy to say anything. I'll record it next time and send it over.
Your song is a big hit overseas as well. Rolling Stone said it was a "blindingly razzle-dazzle." You all saw this, right?

Sooyoung: Hmm.. because it's in English...

Younha: Oh, right.
Hyoyeon, after dying your hair blonde over and over again, isn't your hair going to get ruined? I've been thinking about that too myself.

Hyoyeon: Yes, but my hair is strong. My hair used to be very long. I once saw a model with really long hair so I grew it out, but because my hair got ruined I had to cut it. So I'm a bit sad.

Younha: It takes work.

Hyoyeon: Yes it does.

Younha: Someone is asking if you look at the Internet comments.

Hyoyeon: A little~?

Younha: Hyoyeon seems like she does a bit.

Sooyoung: I do often.

Yoona: I think we tend to often.

Younha: Someone is asking Jessica if she's not tired even though she's doing musical and IGAB.

Jessica: I think I'd be lying if I said I wasn't.

Younha: You're really busy.

Jessica: Yeah, because I'm doing a musical too. I'm tired, but I think I've always been like that. I've never had time for myself.

Younha: That's what you're still going. Someone is asking how your level of superiority is when you go to a music show. Haven't you now been out long enough to have the most seniority?

Hyoyeon: Yes.

Sooyoung: Baek Ji Young sunbae is there...

Yoona: Jea unnie is also there.

Sooyoung: Yes, Jea unnie.

Jessica: Jea unnie.

Yoona: So we're 3rd.

Younha: Do they give you a big room? I was jealous about that.
Yes, this is currently Younha's Starry Night here with Yoona, Sooyoung, Jessica and Hyoyeon. After hearing a song, we'll talk more. This is the title track, but I think it'd be good to hear it from your own mouths.

Hyoyeon: This is the music we came back with on January 1. Please listen well~

*I Got a Boy plays AYO GG*

Younha: We just heard IGAB. Someone just said, "My mom was doing dishes and asked me what song it was." "Is there anything Girls' Generation can't do?" Is there?

Sooyoung: Getting up early!

Younha: Not like that. You look like you'd all be good at cooking too.

Hyoyeon: No, there are members who can't.

Yoona: Is there anything we can't do?

Hyoyeon: If you pick a member out, there are a lot of things each can't do.

Sooyoung: Hyoyeon, what can you not to do well?

Hyoyeon: Ko..rean.

Younha: All right, we are with the talented four members here. Someone commented, "The dance is so hard! How do you do it?" Really...

Hyoyeon: We, too, had to practice a lot. This is the most we practiced.

Younha: How long do you practice a day?

Hyoyeon: We did it for about 2 months. How many hours did we do a day?

Sooyoung: I think about five hours.

Younha: Without resting?

Yoona: No. There is in the middle.

Younha: Five hours. But it's still not easy getting all of you 9 there.

Jessica: It was hard.

Younha: I think it would have been.

Jessica: It was hard making time.

Yoona: Because we had a lot of individual activities.

Younha: "Who is the one who laughs hahaha in the middle of the song?"

Sooyoung: The "Hwahwahwa"? I think Tiffany.

Younha: Let's not talk about people who aren't here. "Jessica, can you please sing the part that goes '잘났어 정말!'/'Jalnasseo jungmal'"

Hyoyeon: Start.

Jessica: "너 잘났어 정말!"

Yoona: You really are great.

Younha: Because you're great, we'll listen to an advertisement!

*Advertisement plays*

Younha: We are together with Yoona, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Jessica on Starry Night. Do you have any special memories while being a student?

Hyoyeon: While I.. was a student...

Sooyoung: When I was a student, Ok Juhyun was the DJ of 'Starry Night', so I would listen to her a lot and get a lot of support. And listen to a lot of music. Don't most people who dream of becoming a celebrity have dreams of DJing for Starry Night?

Jessica: Yes.

Younha: What about Jessica? What's going on? (*Hyoyeon and Jessica were laughing during Sooyoung's comment.*) I want to be in on it too.

Jessica: Hyoyeon keeps whispering, but into the microphone. Everyone can hear... *whispers "Why?" into the microphone*

Younha: That's funny. "What music is Girls' Generation listening to these days?" You were listening to music until you got here. What were you listening to?

Jessica: I think it's all of your songs.

Younha: Really?

Yoona: I came here while listening to your songs, Younha-unnie.

Sooyoung: Me too.

Younha: Thank you. What can I do for you?

Hyoyeon: Live!

Younha: I'm curious as to what kind of music you like.

Yoona: I like ballads personally. So I like Urban Zakapa. Before, I am starting to like music I didn't like before, like Primary. I like their songs.

Younha: The song "Question Mark."

Yoona: Yes! I like it.

Younha: What about Sooyoung?

Sooyoung: I'm similar to Yoona, but I think Yoona tends to look for Korean songs, but I think I tend to like more pop. So I like j-pop too. My mp3 player is mostly ballads, like quiet and calm songs. One time, Hyoyeon borrowed my mp3 player. She threw it back at me. She said she couldn't listen to it.

Hyoyeon: I am completely the opposite. I like songs with an overwhelming amount of energy. But lately, you know OSTs? From old movies or recent ones. I really like them.

Sooyoung: If you listen to those, don't you think of the movie and feel good?

Hyoyeon: That's right. So I'm listening to a bit of that.

Younha: I see. What about Jessica?

Jessica: I like quieter songs too. I like jazz. I like Bossa Nova.

Younha: It fits you.

Jessica: Oh, thank you.

Younha: A lot of people have sent in questions for you. "You've been throwing your hats when you perform. When you're done, do you go and pick them up?" I'm really curious.

Hyoyeon: If we can see them. But we throw them pretty hard. In that case, the staff or the fans throw it back to us.

Younha: Oh, I see. Has no one stolen any yet?

Hyoyeon: You can't do that.

Jessica: I hit the cameramen.

Younha: I feel like they'd like that.

Jessica: But there are studs in the hats and it hits them. So I'm sorry.

Younha: They probably show off saying they got hit by Jessica.

Jessica: They laugh and say it's okay.

Sooyoung: Once, Jessica threw it and it landed on someone's head.

Hyoyeon: While flying?

Younha: That's incredible skill. So you're saying you haven't lost any hats yet. Incredibly mannered fans. "That's right! You once hit a fan!"

Jessica: That was me too.

Younha: That was yours too?

Jessica: I asked if the hat was okay.

Younha: What don't you try darts? You seem like you'd be good at them. "If I look at airport photos, Jessica is always on her phone. Who is she always on the phone with?"

Jessica: When I go abroad, I have to let my mom know so I'm speaking with my mom... Just kidding.

Sooyoung: Why are you doing that?

Jessica: No but honestly, just friends here and there. I don't do it everytime.

Hyoyeon: You seem to always be on the phone on roaming. You know what that is?

Jessica: Yes. I'm on the phone with the roaming guide.

Yoona: That's right.

Younha: So you are on the phone really. I thought you were posing since the photos are so nice.

Hyoyeon: That's corny.

Sooyoung: Like staged paparazzi photos.

Jessica: Stage paparazzi photos.

Sooyoung: Like from the foreign countries.

Younha: Airport fashion is a trend these days. You can't go comfortably, and yours always become a hot topic. How do you decide what to wear? Do you do it the day before?

Hyoyeon: Yes. You have to pay attention to it. I do it the night before. I decide what to wear and then sleep.

Sooyoung: But even if you do pick something, in the morning, don't you change your mind sometimes?

Hyoyeon: Yes, yes.

Jessica: But even if you pay a lot of attention to it, you won't be that cool. So you have to wear what you feel like at that moment.

Yoona: I thought of this because we're talking about airpot fashion. A lot of fans come to the airport, and I didn't know when I'd be able to share this story... There are times when we've gotten hurt because of them. And even though I'm really grateful that they come out to see us so early in the morning, I wish they would be more careful.

Sooyoung: Yes.

Younha: The members are in danger, but so are the fans. Everybody please be careful.

Hyoyeon: Yes.

Younha: "What song on the new album do you like the most? I like 'Romantic St.' the most!"

Hyoyeon/Jessica/Yoona: Me too!

Younha: "Jessica's part at the end..." Today is Jessica's special.

Jessica: My part?

Younha: He said he really likes Jessica's last part. "Taetiseo isn't there today at the radio..."

Jessica: Yes.

Younha: "But if you had to do a unit group, is there a member who wants to do something?"

Hyoyeon: There are members that seem like they'd fit but also not fit.

Younha: I think these four would be fun.

Hyoyeon: Ooh, it's good. We have vocal, dance, visual. Hahaha! And height! I like it!

Jessica: I think we'd be good.

Younha: What would your name be?

Yoona: Hyojesooyoon.

Younha: "You've shown us different styles from the beginning. Is there an album where you thought you looked the best out of the other members?"

Hyoyeon: For me, this album. I really like it.

Younha: Hyoyeon, you really look cool. And unique. What about Yoona?

Yoona: For me, Gee or Hoot.

Younha: Hoot!

Jessica: You did look really good with Hoot.

Younha: I got excited over Hoot!

Jessica/Yoona: Really?

Jessica: I'll pick one for Sooyoung: Mr. Taxi.

All: Ohhhh!

Hyoyeon: That's right.

Sooyoung: I was trying to think of something but I couldn't.

All: No, it's Mr. Taxi.

Sooyoung: Really? Thank you.

Younha: What about Jessica?

Hyoyeon: She had charisma during "Genie".

Sooyoung: That chic look.

Younha: But you were all really cool.

All: Thank you~

Younha: "Yoona, you look like an 11 out of 10 lately! What's your secret?"

Yoona: I don't do anything in particular.

Sooyoung: Yoona laughs a lot.

Yoona: There are moments where I laugh sooo much my stomach hurts, thanks to the members. I think that is my exercise.

Younha: That's...awesome. I'm jealous. Please laugh.
"Can you please do, 'Hul! Daebak saggun!' for us?"

Hyoyeon: Do you want to do it together?

All: Hul! Daebak saggun!

Younha: Fans are sending messages in. "Other than 'Daebak saggun,' is there anything else popular between you girls?"

Hyoyeon: "It's alive~" No? There's that... "It's alive~"

Sooyoung: There is the "Who wants to..." When it's obvious. Like, for example, if Hyoyeon is next to me and she's eating. And now she has to clean up. So we ask her, "Who wants to clean?"

Yoona: "Who wants to eat?"

Jessica: When it's obvious who should answer.

Sooyoung: When it's definitely obvious.

Younha: That shows how friendly you are. "How do you feel when you hear your song on the radio?"

Hyoyeon: We like it!

Yoona: It's interesting.

Younha: They play it a lot.

Sooyoung: For me, when "Gee" was played so much, I was walking in Hongdae. And when you walk...

Jessica: With who? How?

Sooyoung: By myself.

Younha: All the songs are connected there.

Sooyoung: I was standing at a cross walk, and it seemed like you know the World Cup and everybody cheering together? It felt like that with people singing along.

Younha: And the whole world doing the crab dance. It was really like that. "Do your nostrils really get bigger when you dance IGAB?"

Hyoyeon: Yes. But you know, when you're tired, you can't control your nostrils because you have to breathe. So when we have our backs turned, we take care of it. We calm it down.

Younha: Have photos popped up of that?

Hyoyeon: *cough* Is it just me? They will know individually.

Younha: We'll hear another song and talk more. "Express 999."

*'Express 999' plays.*

Younha: We are here with the prettiest Girls' Generation members. Now we're going to go through healing by talking about our worries. For example, a speaker wants to talk a lot but can't on variety shows. Problems like that. Someone once said he wanted to live in the dorms but keeps hearing creepy sounds.

Hyoyeon: Oh, like these?

Younha: It doesn't have to be like this, Any problem. Saying you're hungry and you don't know what to eat is fine.

Sooyoung: For me... How do we do this? Who goes first?

Hyoyeon: Whoever has a problem...

Younha: Starting from Sooyoung.

Sooyoung: My worry is that I'm too thin.

Younha: It seems like that.

Sooyoung: Yoona has this worry too. But people around me are worried about me being too thin. And it's not like I don't eat. I'm healthy. And because people are worrying, I feel like I'm making them worry. So I'm trying to gain weight.

Younha: Even if you eat a lot, you don't gain weight?

Sooyoung: I gain weight on my face. But really, the really despiseable one is Yoona. Yoona's face doesn't even gain weight.

Yoona: For me, hearing that I should gain weight is causing me stress so I feel like I'm going to lose more weight. I don't like it when they say that.

Jessica: Yoona, gain some weight.

Yoona: Yack! I eat well.

Younha: How much do you eat? Even if you say you eat a lot, it's probably really little.

Jessica: I think Yoona eats a lot of smaller portions often.

Younha: Often?

Jessica: Yes.

Younha: I have to do that, but I binge.

Yoona: Also, during our current promotion, my part is a rap, but... I have no confidence.

Sooyoung: Not as little as me.

Yoona: Even the lyrics are "Surprise! Mind blown!" but originally it was "Surprise! What is this?" And when it changed to "Mind blown," I feel like I should do it to blow people's mind.

Jessica: For me, the "you're REALLY amazing" part. The "really."

Yoona: I'm trying to do in a cute manner.

Jessica: I think you're so cute that part!

Sooyoung: You're cute! For me, my part "why did she cut her hair?" I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY SHE CUT HER HAIR!

Yoona: Did you see that photo?

Sooyoung: I still don't know why she cut her hair.

Hyoyeon: Why try understanding the lyrics? Just do it well.

Sooyoung: You're right. I mean, does a situation to have to change majorly for a woman to cut her hair?

Yoona: You're doing the "Ayo GG!" well.

Sooyoung: Hey~

Jessica: I was surprised at how well you did that live.

Sooyoung: No... "Ayo GG" is really...

Jessica: Let's stop complimenting each other like this.

Younha: You are all pretty no matter what you do!
"I like the menboong~ part. It's cute so I like it." No one can tell. Everyone says it's pretty.

Yoona: I'll do my best.

Younha: You're all pretty! What about you Hyoyeon?

Hyoyeon: I wanted to start off the new year with a positive mind, to do things well and try hard.

Sooyoung: But you're naturally like that.

Hyoyeon: But I want to be more. When I'm not feeling good, I tend to get very down.

Jessica: Yes you do.

Hyoyeon: Yes I do. I know it too. But, when there is a lot of schedules and I can't sleep, I can't seem to laugh.

Jessica: It's harder than it looks.

Hyoyeon: It's not easy, laughing. So I'm working on my health. As I'm getting older and older... I can't talk like this.

Jessica: I think she's doing the best out of all of us.

Younha: Even today, when I saw you, you smiled so big when our eyes met. Thank you.

Hyoyeon: I was so happy to meet you.

Younha: "If you're more positive than Hyoyeon, you're God." Jessica?

Jessica: My worry is that even though time passes, I think there are a lot of people that just look at the appearance and judge. It's not like I can do things completely naturally. That's my worry, everyday.

Sooyoung: That's something that I think all celebrities worry about.

Jessica: I think it's worse for me. My nickname is even "Ice Princess" and so, I must seem cold. But it's just that I look like this. What can I do? :(

Younha: It's because you look so elegant.

Jessica: You put it so nicely, but...

Younha: But everyone knows you're nice to the dongsaengs.

Jessica: I like the dongsaengs.

Younha: You should only be nice to the people you know. How can people expect you to be nice to everybody?

Hyoyeon: As time passes, people will get to know more about who you are.

Younha: Of course.

Jessica: But there are people who even if they're just staying still, they look kind.

Younha: You look kind.

Yoona: You look kind.

Jessica: Really?

Hyoyeon: If you talk, you can tell that you're kind even more. Don't worry.

Younha: Yes. What do the members think Jessica's real personality is like?

Hyoyeon: Very..

Yoona: Polite and courteous.

Hyoyeon: And cute. She has a lot of aegyo.

Sooyoung: I think she doesn't sugarcoat things. She hates insecerity. She's very honest.

Hyoyeon: And the best thing is, she's straight forward but she also doesn't hold grudges. That's the most important.

Yoona: We're blood type B girls.

Jessica: We're blood type B girls.

Younha: Really? Wow... We have to transfer some blood.

Jessica: Why why?

Younha: I suddenly have an illness!

Yoona: We shouldn't have had said anything.

Younha: I really wanted to talk with you Jessica. "Jessica's ice has melted... A lot of people seem to not know that."

Jessica: A lot of people don't know.

Younha: "Not ice princess, but heaven's princess."

Jessica: Thank you.

Younha: We'll hear an advertisement and come back.

*Advertisement plays*

Younha: We are with Girls' Generation on Starry Night. We have to send you guys away now. Even it was short, I don't know if you enjoyed your stay.

Hyoyeon: Because it was with you and with Starry Night.

Younha: Wow how nicely you talk. You're going to meet a great husband.

Jessica: Husband~

Younha: I heard you've been praying a lot for that Sooyoung.
Please say your greetings one last time.

Sooyoung: Yes, I was so happy that we go to come to Starry Night, and for those listening in right now, I hope the night is starry for you. Have a good night.

Hyoyeon: Please love IGAB a lot!

Yoona: Being with Younha-unnie... Younha and Yoona. I think it's the first time talking this close, so I love this chance. Thank you.

Jessica: *coughs* Oops, sorry. I have a bit of a cold. It's been such a long time since I've been on Starry Night, and it's been a long time since we came out with an album. So please love it and give Starry Night lots of love too.

Younha: It seems like we will be receiving lots of love. We'll return it by playing your songs a lot. We'll say goodbye by playing Into the New World.

*Baby Maybe plays*

Sooyoung: Uh, this is Baby Maybe. This is a song that I wrote.

Younha: Should wear it?

Sooyoung: Please change it to Into the New World.

Yoona: It's our debut song!

Sooyoung: It's been a long time! Ack~

cr: @thatssosoo || http://www.twitlonger.com/show/knh9ia

No comments:

Post a Comment